Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 97: Champion Chow - SOBE!

I usually try to drink water, rather than sugary juices or teas. But sometimes you just need a little something more. Enter, Sobe Lifewater.
This stuff is a delicious drink that will satisfy your sweet craving and prevent you from grabbing raiding the fridge for a soda. The best part: They have 0 calories and 0 artificial sweeteners!

My Aunt Janine introduced me to these wonderful little morsels several months ago, and I've been hooked ever since. Now, when it comes to fruity drinks, I have a little bit of a picky palate. So there are a few flavors that I'm not too crazy about. But there are several that I absolutely love. My favorite is Fuji Apple Pear, followed closely by Mango Melon and Yumberry Pomegranate (I'm not sure that I've ever come across a Yumberry in real life, but I imagine they're amazing).

Sometimes you can find Sobe Lifewater on sale at Target or Wal-Mart for $1 apiece. I've even seen them at Target before for $1 and if you bought 10 of them, they have you a $5 gift card! If you don't find them on sale, you can expect to pay about $1.50 each for them, which is okay if you're only buying a couple, I guess.

They're definitely worth checking out.

Alternatively, if you want a little more flavor bang for your caloric buck, Sobe does have some options with fuller flavors and only a few calories. The Agave Lemonade is my absolute favorite. It has a refreshing, almost Sprite-like flavor. They also have an Orange-Tangerine that is delicious. These bottles contain about 40 calories per serving and each bottle has about 2 1/2 servings in it. So you're talking 100 Calories for the entire bottle (still only 2 Points). I tried to put a photograph on here of these bottles, but it's not working. The 0 Calorie bottles have white labels, though, and the ones with calories have colored labels. Agave Lemonade is green and Orange Tangerine is orange (obviously).

One tip I learned from Janine: these drinks make great frozen drinks! Just stick the bottle in the freezer (I would say no more than an hour). And your drink turns a little slushy. In my opinion, the 0 calorie drinks don't slush as well as the others. They tend to freeze more into one whole ice cube....but perhaps that could be remedied by freezing it for a shorter amount of time.

However you take 'em, they come highly recommended and they're delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment