Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 110: Happy Father's Day

This post is dedicated to my dad. I enjoyed celebrating him today,and preparing for this post I enjoyed thinking of all the memories I have of my dad.

Like when he would "make my baby fly" by taking my favorite doll and throwing her so hard on the ground that she would bounce back up.

Or like Rachel playing her favorite game with him "Chinese Capanese" (she made up the name)....where he would sit in the floor on one spot and she would run around him trying not to let him catch her. I would occasionally, very tentatively join in...I'm not much of a wrastlin' kind of gal.

Or the time when my dad had an ice cream cone from Dairy Queen and bent down to let the dog lick it, and then commence eating it as if that wasn't disgusting.

I remember my dad being loving with us, hugs and kisses were abundant in our household. And I also remember stern discipline when it was needed. I'm thankful for both....affection and discipline are necessary components to child-rearing.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to spend hours with my dad every single day since we work together. We do butt heads sometimes, but I'm glad I get to share that closeness and see him every single day.

I know I have a lot more memories to come with my dad and I'm grateful for that. But this Father's Day feels extra sentimental to me. This was our last Father's day as just our family unit...Just Dad, Mom, 2 girls and a boy.

My dad is getting ready to give away both of his daughters in the next seven weeks. I know there will be many more Father's Days to come, but next year there will be husbands and not too long after that there will be grandchildren.

Dad, I hope your Father's Days continue to get better with time and you can draw your family around you to celebrate the Dad you are! I love you!

1 comment: