Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 113: Wedding Wednesday

The wedding is fast approaching, but we still seem to have gotten most things accomplished (or at least figured out) as far as this wedding goes....Here are some things we've taken care of in the past week or so.

1. Ordered ties for the groom, groomsmen, and ring bearer. I don't want to give anything
away...but I will tell you that they're blue...and they're awesome!
2. Figured out what we're going to do for wedding favors: Did you really think I would tell you?
The wedding and the Illinois reception will have a certain kind of favor and the Tennessee
reception will have something different. They're going to be quite a bit of work, but I know
we can pull it off (thanks, Mom, for your help!). I imagine we'll get started on them next
week.
3. I got my dress for the rehearsal. Adam thinks it's silly to buy dresses for every separate
occasion of the wedding, but he just doesn't understand....he's been gracious, though, even
though it doesn't make sense.
4. Adam is in the process of figuring out how we're going to valet cars at our wedding. He'll get a lot of practice since he's in charge of parking for my sister's wedding this weekend.

And that's what I really want to talk about on this post....a different wedding! My sister is getting married this weekend and I'm so excited for her! Her wedding is going to be beautiful and I can't wait.

I know she and Karsten really make each other happy, and I'm very glad that she gets to spend the rest of her life with the man she loves.

I'm going to miss her, though, because he's taking her to Chicago. But I'm sure they'll be back to visit frequently.

I'm really looking forward to celebrating their marriage this weekend and to welcome a new brother into the family. This is a really special time for her, and she's worked really hard with putting everything together for her wedding and I know it's going to be perfect.

For those of you who are coming, I can't wait to see you Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment