Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 92: Wedding Wednesday

There haven't been too many developments with the wedding planning in the past week because everything is pretty much together.

I did drive about 20 minutes out of my way to another town to see a guy about chairs, which ended up being about $1 more than I thought they would be for each chair. AND to add insult to injury, I realized he had lured me there hoping to entice a bride into renting a bunch of wedding crap from his wife's fledgling wedding business. That was more than a little frustrating. If I'm there to look at chairs, don't try to sell me table linens, pillars, back drops, hooks, candles, center pieces, lamps, out door lighting, signs, and everything else you can think of that I might possibly need as someone who is planning a wedding. Oy! Needless to say, we went with a different company for our chairs, and they will end up being $100 less or so....plus I don't have to worry about pushy salespeople.

I also bought a bunch of feathers, much to my groom's chagrin.....The wedding has a peacock theme, and how can you do a peacock theme without some peacock feathers? They'll be here soon and we'll start figuring out what we're going to do with them. One bridesmaid and I already have plans for several of them....but I'm not telling.

We made arrangements for our cruise add-ons, too. We bought a soda package (that is ridiculous, in my opinion, that you should have to pay for soda when you're paying that much for the cruise, but we'll enjoy the trip anyway....and you better believe that souvenir cup will not be leaving our side the entire time. We also decided that we're going to give snorkeling a try. I'm really excited about that. I think it will be fun. And as Adam said, the minimum age is 6 for the snorkeling adventure....so if a 6 year old can do it, I'm sure we can, too!

I think that's about all the updates I have this week....everything is coming together beautifully, and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment