Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 105: Tuesday Treasures - All that Jazz

I think by now most people in North America have heard of Michael Buble. They may not know his music intimately, but I'm sure most people have at least heard the name.

I just want to take a moment to encourage you to explore his music. He sings with such a charming passion and charisma that you're instantly drawn in and taken back to the olden days.

His latest album is called Crazy Love, and it's beautiful. Clicking the link will take you to Amazon where you can preview this album and purchase it in digital form or a hard copy.

Michael Buble will be at our wedding....if not in person, at least his music will make an appearance.

My other favorite jazz artist is Harry Connick, Jr. Mmmmmmmmmm....if I wasn't a betrothed woman and he wasn't previously committed, I would have a huge crush on him. Okay, maybe I still do.

I. love. Harry Connick, Jr. Always have. His music makes me feel happy. Your Songs is Harry's latest album. Unfortunately I don't have the pleasure of owning it yet, but soon, my friends.

Also, if you haven't seen the movie Hope Floats in awhile (or, God Forbid--ever!), you should probably whip out the old VCR and watch it. That movie warms my heart more than I care to admit.

Next on the list is a more obscure artist named Jamie Cullum. He hasn't gained quite the notoriety of the previous two, but he's still worth checking out. His voice is so unique and soothing. Thanks to my friend Kim for introducing me to Jamie's music so many years ago. Twentysomething is not Jamie's latest offering, but it is incredible!

And finally, a female artist to round out my jazz recommendations for the day. Adele has recently come into the spotlight (by recently I mean over the last two years or so...I'm behind the times a little). Her album 19 is breathtaking. There isn't a track on there that I don't adore. And if you haven't had the pleasure of getting to know Adele's music yet, please do.

It's looking like jazz will be an unintentional, but warmly-welcomed, theme at our wedding. That makes me happy.

I hope everyone takes the opportunity to preview a few of the artists I've mentioned. Give Jazz a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment