Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 107: Ouchie!

I have been dealing with some pretty acute back pain over the last couple of days, and I think it's because of sciatica.

The pain is completely concentrated in my low back....until it shoots down my right leg occasionally.

I've been spending the last couple of evenings in bed, just relaxing. The pain subsides when I lie down for a long time.

But sitting in my office chair at work is the worst!

I'm not sure what I did to cause the pain, but I think it happened when I was at my sister's recital, sitting in those old theater seats. I remember first feeling the pain when I left the theater that day.

Does anyone have a remedy for this type of pain, or any exercises I can do to help alleviate my symptoms?

I'm at a loss, and I haven't been able to exercise or do much of anything this week.

2 comments:

  1. Chiropracter!! They can do wonders!! I go to one when things get painful and it helps everytime until I do something stupid and mess things up again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it all the time... yoga is the best thing I have found. Hip and back streches will really help.

    ReplyDelete