Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 112: Tuesday Treasures - Uni-Ball Jetstream Pens



Today I will reveal something about myself that you may or may not already know: I'm a geek about office supplies, which makes me a nerd in general, I believe. If you want a breakdown on the whole nerd versus geek thing, you'll have to ask my fiance.

I get a thrill out of walking into Staples and perusing the aisles for the latest and greatest innovations for the office. And my favorite time of year is Back to School because you can smell the school supplies from 100 feet away at Target.

A couple years ago I came across a writing utensil that has changed my life....or at least my writing.

See: the Uni-Ball Jetstream pen. This pen writes so smoothly. It's almost as if you're writing with a gel pen, only without the risk of goopiness or smearing that comes with gel ink. The ink writes like a gel pen, but it has the consistency of a ball point.

They are a little on the expensive side when it comes to disposable pens...they're going to cost more than your standard Bic or Papermate, but I contend that it's worth the extra to not have to constantly scratch the pen on paper (or on the bottom of your shoe) to try to get it to work.

These pens last a very long time, too. I would say a person who writes a fairly average amount could make the pen last a good four months or so.

You can occasionally find these pens at Target, but you're more likely to find them at Staples or an office supply store. You can always find them on Staples.com.

I urge you to check out the Uni-Ball Jetstream the next time you are in the market for a new writing utensil. Your life will never be the same.

2 comments: