Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 111: Champion Chow - Arnold Sandwich Thins

A revolution has happened in the bread world and most of us don't even know it!

Do you love bread, but hate the carbohydrate load they carry? Do you nearly pass out from ecstacy as you make your way through the bakery section at the grocery store? Do you avoid eating breads at all costs to reserve those extra calories for other foods?

If any of those statements applies to you, you are in luck. Your life is about to change.

Enter, Arnold's Sandwich Thins. These sandwich thins are very thinly sliced pieces of bread that offer a wholesome and filling taste with half the fat, calories and carbs of their full-sized counterparts.

When I first picked up a package of the Arnold's Thins, I was a bit skeptical. I didn't think it would be enough bread to satisfy my hungry tummy. But I had heard several Weight Watchers ladies rave about these things so into my cart they went.

To be honest, the Thins don't look like there's anything to them. They're packaged similarly to hamburger buns with the top and bottom stacked on top of one another. And stacked together they're only slightly thicker than a regular pita pocket. I was nervous.

But to my surprise one Sandwich Thin with peanut butter on it was able to fill me up completely until my next meal. I'll blame it on the whole grains.

Arnold's Sandwich Thins come in 5 different flavors:
100% Whole Wheat
Honey Wheat
Whole Grain White
MultiGrain
and Seedless Rye

Now, all of the varieties are going to have different nutritional information, but they all contain roughly:

100 Calories
1g Fat
5g Fiber
4g Protein

Per roll--that means top AND bottom!

I've only tried the Honey Wheat so far, but I am convinced that this will become a kitchen staple for me. Bye Bye, Butternut! So long, Sunbeam! Arnold's Thins are taking your place!

1 comment:

  1. I have them in my freezer all of the time!! They are a must for when we grill or even just a sandwich, I love pb&j and this helps with that every once in awhile!!

    ReplyDelete