Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 96: Summertime Marinated Veggies


Sorry this blog is so late being posted....my blog site was experiencing outages in select areas (I guess I was "select") on Sunday and Monday, so it's Tuesday now...today is really Sunday's blog. And don't count it against me as misssing a day because I had it all ready to go...I just wasn't able to post.


My mom always makes marinated vegetables as a side dish in the summertime. It's cool and refreshing and healthy. Here's the super-simple recipe!


Ingredients:

Whatever veggies you want (carrots, cauliflower, bell peppers, onion, cucumber, etc.)...enough to fill a large mixing bowl when chopped.

1/2c. Olive Oil

1/8c. Cider Vinegar

1/8c. Sugar (or Splenda)

Salt and Pepper

Whatever seasonings you like (I used a couple of tablespoons of Italian Seasoning)


Directions:

Slice all the veggies and mix them in the bowl.

Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over veggies.

Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or more.

Serve cold.


You can mix it up with the seasonings...try garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, or ginger, for example. The possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment