Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 8: Weekly Weigh-In

We Went to the Weight Watchers meeting last night. It was just as cheesy as the one last week, but I think my mom and I decided that we're going to stick with it at least until my sister's wedding in late June.

Weekly Weigh-In Wesults:
-4lbs.

I suppose I should be excited about losing 4 pounds, but I always get hung up on the numbers. Every time I hop on the scale I think about all of the possible variables that could have led to the number I'm seeing. Maybe I wore really heavy clothes last week, I think I ate a lot more today than I normally do, when was the last time I went to the bathroom? I never think my weight loss (or gain) is a legitimate number because there are so many other factors involved. But since they don't allow for naked, first thing in the morning weigh-ins at Weight Watchers, I guess I'm just going to have to look past all of that.

I think I've always had issues with this. Whether I'm seeing a loss or a gain, my mind battles the report of the scale, and I always end up thinking that the change in my weight isn't due to what I'm actually doing, but rather that it's a result of factors beyond my control (i.e. clothing, digestion, water weight, etc.). That makes it very difficult for me to ever stick with a weight-loss regimen because I never trust the results I see on the scale.

I do have one thing to look forward to: if I lose 1 more pound, I get a sticker at my next Weight Watchers meeting! I can hardly stand the anticipation of it all.

I want to know how you guys conquer your brain in the matter of weight loss. How do you get past that mind block that says, "This isn't real."

3 comments:

  1. If you ever experience a significant weight loss, you will see then it isn't just by chance. It is because of what you did. I look forward to my clothes fitting me better and having more selection ie: all of the "different" sizes of clothes I have in my closet/drawers. Just eat well and sensibly today - and before long your one week will soon be 10 or 13 or 16 week. I not only feel better physically, but mentally, also. Stay committed today to being in control and positive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Nic! Keep going!

    (Again, this is Keeks.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with aunt cindy. stick with it and you will see undeniable results.

    love ya

    ReplyDelete