Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 21: Weekly Weigh-In

My third week on Weight Watchers was kind of a bad one. I just got lazy toward the end of the week, and even lazier during the weekend.

I have trouble tracking my foods if I know I'm making poor choices, and so it's easier for me to stay off track if I'm not writing it down.

I think keeping track of my foods helps me to stay accountable to myself, and to my iPhone, as far as what I'm consuming in a typical day.

But I'm back with the program now. This is a new week. I'm going to make myself track everything I'm eating. That way if I do eat something bad, I'll be able to make up for it by making better choices with my other foods and exercise.

This Week's Results: -1.4lbs.
Total Weight Loss: -8.2lbs.

If I can manage to lose another 1.8lbs by next week, I'll get another sticker! Yippee!

I'm glad I didn't gain this week; I was afraid I might. But I think all of the exercise I did earlier in the week helped to compensate a little for all the eating I did on Friday and Saturday.

I went to the grocery store last night to pick up some healthy foods so I can stay on plan. As I wandered over to the bread aisle, though, the aroma of the bakery really got me.

I've never been too crazy about baked goods. I enjoy breads and cakes just like any other person, but when it comes to cravings, I tend to crave fried things.

But as I was walking through the bakery section of the store, the allure of that sweet fragrance in the air was calling me. I really thought I might rip open a box of donuts and start shoving them in my mouth!

I had to hurry up and make my selections quickly so I could get away from those smells because they were making me crazy.

I've never really experienced that before with breads, but I just thought it was funny. It did cause me to make an unexpected purchase, though. I bought a package of Fiber One Apple Cinnamon Bun Muffins (4 points each), so I'll let you know how those are.

Do you have any similar grocery store experiences? How do you curb those cravings when they come?

4 comments:

  1. I have a great weight watchers recipe for apple bran muffins that are only one point each...I will try to get that to you if you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, That would be great! Maybe I can get it from you when we're in town for Easter! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good Nicole!! I think being aware of what you are eating and moving are making more of an impact that what you might think. For myself, I need to move more. Even though I do Zumba 3 x week, I need to do something on the other days, too. Congrats and keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Nicole. We've had guests so that makes it tough too. And Darlene is coming Friday, but fortunately she eats like a birrrrrrd! Have you tried the Fiber One bars? Their oats and peanut butter bars taste like a Payday and they are only 2 points each! Love you, Aunt Diane

    ReplyDelete