Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 14: Weekly Weigh-In

As you can see, I am now the proud owner of a 5 pound sticker! Hooray. It's really silly, but a lot of the women at the Weight Watchers meetings get so excited about the stickers. It's like they live and breathe for that next sticker to put on their bookmark. I try to act like I'm cooler than that, but I'll probably be just as excited about the stickers after I've been going for awhile. Oh well.

My weigh-in results for this week: -2.8lbs.
Total since 3/1/10: -6.8lbs.

I feel pretty good with those results. There was a girl at the meeting last night who had lost 31lbs. in 7 weeks. I don't want to be judgmental, but in my mind, there must be something she's not doing correctly in the Weight Watchers plan. It just seems too fast. I don't know, though, maybe she just had a baby or something. That would make the weight come off faster, I think.

I'm just going to keep on trucking with this, at least for the next 14 weeks leading up to my sister's wedding. After that we may forgo the meetings, but stick to the plan on our own. We'll see.

I'm getting more used to eating well; some of my cravings have subsided, and when the cravings do come, I'm learning to satisfy myself with less.

I'm glad that healthier eating is becoming more habitual for me, though, because I have several little trips coming up where I'm going to have to exercise my skills. The true test will be how I can do in a situation where I have little control over what's available to eat and limited access to nutritional information. I'm excited for this challenge, though, and I'm looking forward to proving to myself that I can be reasonable with my food even if I'm out of town for the day or the week.

I did want to share one more little nugget with you: My mom and I were shopping at Walgreens last night and we found this. It is an Easter Bouquet of Tootsie Roll Pops!

The flavors include Lemon Lime, Purple Punch, Watermelon, Pineapple, and Tangerine.

I can't speak on the rest of them, but the lemon lime ones are delicious! These Tootsie Roll pops are a little flatter than the regulars, but they are a nice little way to add some variety to my daily Tootsie Pop routine.

Incidentally, if anyone ever sees a Banana Tootsie Roll Pop I'd love to try one! I can't find them anywhere around here, but the website says they're available. Anyway, though, if you're interested in getting a Tootsie Roll Pop Easter Bouquet, they are at Walgreens in the checkout lanes, and possibly with the Easter candy, too.

How are everyone else's health journeys going? I'd love to hear about your progress...just post a comment below.

2 comments:

  1. HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!! That's really good. Slow and steady wins the race! Stay focused for the next week and committed to good choices. I had a weight loss this week of 2#. Thanks for getting this blog support group going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look for the banana pops for you and won't keep them until Christmas like the root beer barrels last year if I find them!! :)

    Congrats on your progress. I agree with Cindy that slow and steady wins the race!

    ReplyDelete