Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 14: Champion Chow

Today I want to talk about yogurt. A lot of people shy away from eating it because it's a little weird. I get it. There are live cultures in there, and the consistency is strange, and the flavors don't taste that great.

But I have found a diamond in the rough when it comes to yogurt. Yoplait Light Yogurts are an everyday healthy-eating staple for me.

Each container only has 100 Calories and 0g of Fat, making it a 2 point food that also counts for a milk!

If you're not fond of the consistency of yogurt, Yoplait also makes a Light Thick & Creamy yogurt in a variety of flavors. The texture is more like a custard, and it's very delicious.

These aren't just your regular strawberry or blueberry yogurts (although they do offer those). The Yoplait Light and the Light Thick & Creamy come in flavors like Cherry Cobbler, Cinnamon Roll, and Banana Creme Pie. They really taste like the delicious goodies they're named after.

I have one with lunch every day, but sometimes I also stick one in the freezer for a few hours to have an ice cream like treat that's much healthier, and more flavorful.

My favorite flavor is the Thick & Creamy Cherry Cobbler. It is so good you won't believe you're eating something nutritious!

If you want to see a full list of their products and flavors, go to www.Yoplait.com.

Also, right now they're offering a $1 off the purchase of 8 of their Light products. They usually run about $0.50 - $0.60 each, so it's a pretty good deal.
CLICK HERE for a coupon!

What do you think of yogurt? Not a fan? Will you give these a try?

5 comments:

  1. I like yogurt. I haven't seen some of the flavors that you named though. I agree with you - it's a tasty treat that is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOOOOOVE yoplait yogurt! i eat it everyday with breakfast.
    right now i'm trying the yoplait smoothies, immunity booster. It's pretty good, but i definitely like regular yogurt better. they're a little too runny for me, i like the texture of regular yogurt.
    glad someone else has found the joy of yogurrt. I will have to try it frozen sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoplait Thick & Creamy .... Lemon Creme Pie is my favorite!! Never tried freezing it before so when I go home tonight mine is going in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE yogurt. Actually just started eating Greek yogurt becuase it has waaaaay more protein. It takes some getting used to though. Fiber One and Weight Watchers yogurts are just one point each, if you are reeeeeallly trying to scale back every point. Fiber One vanilla is really good. Thanks for all the good info/chatter. :) Aunt Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually buy fat free strawberry cheesecake yogurt from Aldi. It's my favorite. One day when I was sick I bought some Banana Cream Pie yogurt that was Walmart brand and it was amazing. In the book "French Women Don't Get Fat" the author says that her secret is not only eating fruits and veggies that are in season but that she has a yogurt maker and eats it everyday.

    ReplyDelete