Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 15: Rewards!

For reaching my 5 pound milestone, I gave myself a little reward. I went and got a pedicure last night with a friend.

Actually, though, I would have gotten the pedicure anyway...we do it every 6 weeks or so. So I guess I really can't count it as my reward.

That's what I want to talk about today, though. A big part of the Weight Watchers program is celebrating your successes. I'd like to get a discussion going on how you plan to reward yourself when you accomplish your health, weight loss, or fitness goals.

I need to think of some non-food rewards to give myself when I reach a milestone. I don't think it counts if it's something I already had planned before I reached the milestone (like the pedicure), but obviously I can't afford to go out and spend $100 on every milestone I reach. So I need to think of a small way to commemorate my achievements. Something that will still make me feel good about what I've done, but won't break the bank.

I thought about putting $10 or $20 into my savings account each time I reach a milestone, and once I get to my goal, using that money to buy some new clothes. I don't know, though, I kind of think I'd rather see something tangible.

So, please weigh in on the topic...what do you do to reward yourself for your accomplishments? Do you have any ideas for me? I'm open to anything at this point, and looking forward to hearing what you all have to say.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have anything in mind for myself - I'll just be thrilled to be able to wear some of my clothes that I haven't worn for awhile!! It will make getting ready for work more fun. I do look ahead to events that I want to look better for ie: Rachel's wedding and we are going on vacation in October. I get tired of feeling yucky when dressing up for a special occasion. So, that helps me to stay focused. Maybe to you October sounds like a long time away, but the older you get the more you will realize, it will be here before you know it. Then I will have wished I would have started something back in March rather than waiting till one month till we leave and trying to loose 50#. haha Maybe my reward is just a better mental attitude about myself.

    ReplyDelete