Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 6: Recipe - Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup

For those of you who don't know, Hungry Girl is a brand that provides low-calorie and low-fat (and delicious) recipes through their cookbooks and their website www.Hungry-Girl.com. I am a huge Hungry Girl fan. Their recipes may not offer the most nutrients (they use some processed foods), but they definitely offer a less-guilt alternative to some of my favorite dishes.

This is a Hungry Girl recipe I merged with my own recipe because I wanted to use the amazing slow cooker Adam got me for Christmas.

Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup
Makes 4 (1 cup) servings

Ingredients:
3 c. Fat-Free Chicken Broth
4 oz. Lean Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast, Chopped
1 c. Canned Diced Tomatoes, Undrained
1/2 c. Canned Sweet Corn Kernels
1/2 c. Chopped Onions
1 Tbsp. Chopped Jalapeno Peppers
1 Tbsp. Lime Juice
1 Tbsp. Fajita Seasoning Mix
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 tsp. Chili Powder
6 Baked Tortilla Chips, Crushed

Optional Toppings: Cilantro, Fat-Free Sour Cream, Fat-Free or Low-Fat Shredded Cheese

Directions:
Place everything except the tortilla chips in the slow cooker and cook on low all day. Ladel into bowls and top with crushed tortilla chips, cilantro, cheese and sour cream.

Per Serving (1 Generous Cup): 101 Calories, 1g Fat, 650mg Sodium, 13g Carbs, 1.5g Fiber, 4g Sugars, 11g Protein

Total Points Value: 2

If you're interested in the Hungry Girl cookbooks (there are currently 3 of them, with an additional one coming this Spring), you can find them at Amazon, Target, Barnes & Noble, and many other places.

1 comment:

  1. Yum ... I am going to give this one a try. I love my slow cooker with working all day.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete