Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 54: One Point Apple Muffins


My friend Marissa gave me a recipe for these delicious and filling One-Point Apple Bran Muffins. They have provided me with most of my breakfasts this week, and I can't believe how filling and tasty they are! I hope you enjoy them. And thanks, Marissa!


Ingredients:
2c. All Bran Fiber cereal (like Fiber One)
1 1/2c. Skim Milk
1 1/4c. Flour
1/4c. Sugar*
4 tsp. Baking Powder
1 1/2tsp. Cinnamon
1/4c. Apple Butter
1/4c. Egg Substitue (or 1 Egg)
1/2c. Raisins (or 1/4c. Walnuts, or I use 1/2c. Peeled & Chopped Apple)
Butter Flavored Spray

Directions:
Combine cereal and skim milk (I ran my Fiber One through a food processor first to get it to a crumb-like consistency). Stir and let sit exactly 15 minutes.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon.
Add apple butter and egg substitute (or egg).
Add cereal mixture.
Stir, fold in raisins (walnuts or apples)
Spray 12-cup muffin tin with butter flavored spray and fill each cup equally
Bake at 350 degrees for 17 minutes.

*These muffins aren't super sweet. If you prefer sweeter muffins you can omit the sugar and use 1/2c. of Splenda instead.

Points Value Per Muffin: 1!

1 comment: