Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 30: Happy April!

Well, my new April challenges start today and I'm feeling excited and motivated to get to work! I'm in Tennessee for the next 5 days and I'm enjoying the sunshine and the nice weather. I think it's about the same as Illinois...maybe a few degrees warmer.

I just wanted to take today to remind everyone (including myself) of what my fitness challenges are for this month, and how I plan to execute them.

Great Outdoors Challenge - I will spend at least 3 days per week outside for as many minutes as the high temperature is that day. This will require a little preparation on my part as April is a notoriously rainy month. I'll have to look at the forecasts well in advance and determine which days I will be able to spend outside. Today Adam and I are going to spend 72 minutes outside.

Conquer the Couch Potato Challenge - This has proven to be the most difficult challenge for me. I just can't remember to get up and move during commercial breaks. So I'm going to imprint this in my brain by setting an alarm on my phone for 6:00 every single evening this month. That way I will have it fresh in my mind as I sit down to watch TV.

Walk to Jog Challenge - I haven't had much of a chance to workout this week so far, but my mom and I are supposed to begin adding jogging to our routine. I'm not entirely convinced that we're ready for this step yet because last week we attempted fast walking for 45 minutes, and it took nearly everything we had. We'll see, though. We may need to put this challenge on the back burner for awhile. I'm going to try a little jogging with Adam today and I'll determine where to go after that.

Park and Walk Challenge - This challenge may be difficult to get used to as well, since I'm accustomed to driving through the parking lot and trying to find a good spot. However, I already have a plan to keep myself mindful of this challenge. I am going to put a post-it note on my dashboard so I can see it every time I go somewhere, to remind myself to park farther away so I can get some additional exercise.

100 Miles Challenge - This challenge is going to require a great deal of dedication for me. I have to keep track of my steps each day and really strive to hit 10,000 as often as possible so I can achieve my 100 mile mark for the month. I bought a pedometer and I'm wearing it every day from the moment I get dressed until I put my pj's on at night.

How are you challenging yourself this month? And don't forget to be thinking about the 5 changes you're going to make to help you achieve your goals!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and an incredible April. I feel so revived and energetic now that the weather is getting warmer and the sun is shining so brightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment