Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 36: Confession

Now that I'm back to the daily grind, I need to be straight with you. It's not something I like talking about, and I feel like a horrible example when I bring this up, but.......

I ate like a hog yesterday.

There, I said it. Yesterday was a travel day, and Adam and I spent 6 hours in the car (he spent more than that since he had another hour and a half to drive after he dropped me off). I actually did okay with the travel part. We did eat fast food for lunch, which didn't concern me too much since I didn't blow my entire points allowance on one meal. But I did really well with resisting one of my vices along the journey: Gas station snacks. I don't know what it is, but there's something about walking into a convenience store and choosing a couple of shiny packaged delicacies that makes traveling just a little more tolerable. I love pringles and candy bars and chips and those little mini donuts....all of it. But yesterday I was able to avoid them like the plague....even during my potty break stop when the Gardettos were screaming my name.

So that's a small victory.

But then we got home. Adam dropped me off at my parents' house and the plan was for us to eat dinner there and then Adam would leave and head back to the ranch. Well, the dinner that had been prepared was a broccoli dish and I hate broccoli. It smells like rotten feet to me. I tried to be good, I really did. I tried to pick around the broccoli and just enjoy the rest of the dish, but it was impossible. So I made myself a bowl of cereal....which wouldn't have been that bad if the cereal I chose hadn't been Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch. As a chaser after my cereal I had a bowl of various kinds of potato chips, which I followed up with a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich and some various Easter candies.

It's all a blur to me now and I can't remember if I ate anything other than those items or not, but I didn't not feel well after my binge. It was almost instantaneous that I became groggy and sluggish. I just wanted to go to sleep.

But, alas, today is a new day. I'm back in the swing of things and I'm starting over. I've been tracking my points today and I'm planning on going grocery shopping and getting in some exercise, so it will be a good day.

I'm learning that it's okay to have those occasional slip-ups as long as I pick myself back up and get right back on track. Obviously I could have and should have stopped myself from eating so munch junk yesterday, but I didn't. If I spend my time focusing on my mistakes I'm never going to have enough energy left to work toward my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment