Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 48: Champion Chow - The Magic Bullet


Okay, so today's Champion Chow isn't exactly a food item, BUT it is the most useful kitchen tool ever created!

I have had a Magic Bullet ever since I started cooking for myself (about 4 years ago, maybe?), and my kitchen would not be happy without it.

This little tool comes in handy for chopping onions and hot peppers, so your eyes don't get irritated; it blends a wonderful salsa or guacamole; it makes delicious smoothies.

There's nothing it can't do! We've all seen the infomercial about The Magic Bullet about a thousand times, so I won't go into too much detail here. I will say, though, that it doesn't exactly chop things with just three little presses. It usually takes a little more pressure and time than they would like for you to think. But it's still a million times faster than chopping everything by hand.

The good thing is that Wal-Mart and Target now carry this handy little food processor, so you don't have to order it on TV.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite healthy recipes I make with my Magic Bullet on a regular basis.

Breakfast (or Dessert) Smoothie
1 8oz. container Yoplait Light Yogurt (vanilla or some other flavor)
1/2c. frozen fruit blend (tropical fruits are my favorite, but berries are also delicious)
1c. orange juice

Put fruit into Magic Bullet large cup, spoon in yogurt. Pour orange juice on top and gently stir. Mix in Magic Bullet (using 4-pronged chopper blade) to uniform consistency. Enjoy!

Points Value: Approximately 5 points, depending on which frozen fruit you use.

You can also add a few ice cubes to the ingredients before you mix them, but being a person who is prone to brain-freeze, I leave this step out!

No comments:

Post a Comment