Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 49: Weekly Weigh-In


Does it ever seem like you keep pushing, but never really go anywhere?

That's how I'm feeling this week.

I gained this week, and I really can't offer a good explanation as to why. That's the problem.

I think I have started to slack a little without even noticing it. I'm really good at tracking my foods for breakfast and lunch, but then at dinnertime (and whatever snacks I decide to have in the evening), I don't count my points.

I honestly figured I had done enough exercise this week, and I was good enough with my eating to have a loss. So I was more than a little disappointed when I weighed in last night.

This week: +1.6lbs.
Total: -7lbs.

For the last three weeks I have been flirting around the same number, and I just can't seem to stay on the other side of it. It's frustrating, and it makes me crabby.

To be perfectly truthful with you, this number got me way down last night. I was pouty. And depressed. And it made me feel like garbage. I had a whole list of things I had planned on getting finished that evening, and all I wanted to do was to go home and crawl in bed.

And I did that for a good hour or so, until I realized that it was stupid to just be upset about the number and not do anything about it.

So I begrudgingly got my sorry self up and did a light Wii Workout, and finished the housework I was wanting to do.

I decided that instead of letting this weight gain be a discouragement to me, I was going to use it as a motivation to change the behaviors that caused the gain.

This week my goal is to track absolutely every morsel of food that finds its way into my mouth. If I follow through with this, I will see if my tracking habits are the culprit of my weight gain this week.

I am also trying to think of some new fitness ideas for next month. I think my body is getting used to just walking every day, so I want to incorporate something that will challenge my entire body in a bigger way. I may start adding smaller extra workouts into my daily routine to see if that helps me at all.

The gain could also be due to womanly issues...we are all too familiar with those.

I may not know precisely what caused my gain this week, but I can sure as helicopter (thank you, Ruby) do my best to ensure I make it to the other side of that stupid number on the scale next week!

How's everyone else doing?

2 comments:

  1. Are you doing any work with weights? I know you watch the biggest loser too :) They are always saying that muscle burns more calories even at rest. Just a thought since you said you were thinking about changing things up.

    And don't get too discouraged!...you are making great changes...you will see the weight drop soon! Plus 7lbs is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marisa! It's funny you should bring up the subject of weights. It seems like everywhere I turn lately I'm hearing about the benefits of adding weight workouts into your daily routine. I think that means I need to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete