Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 42: Weekly Weigh-In

I had a pretty successful week with Weight Watchers last week, and I attribute a lot of my success to my recent purchase of a scale.

I've always gone back and forth as to whether I actually want to own a scale and have it in my home. On the one hand, it can help to keep me accountable on a daily basis as to what I'm doing to my body. But on the other hand, it can be a great source of discouragement and disappointment when it doesn't read like I want it to.

But so far this $8 scale I bought last week has proven a useful tool in my journey. Since purchasing the scale, I have checked on my weight every morning. It even helped me this weekend to resist some of the junk food I would have normally given in to had I not been anticipating seeing the number drop when I stepped on the scale.

This week: -2.2lbs (this is actually over the past two weeks since I didn't go to last week's meeting)
Total: -8.6lbs.

I'm feeling pretty good about the changes I've made in my lifestyle, and I'm looking forward to reaching that 10lb. landmark. Not only will I get another sticker at my Weight Watchers meeting (yippee!), but it will also be a major accomplishment for myself that I can celebrate!

How's everyone else doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment