Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 50: Celebration!

Wahoo!! I am so excited to have made it 50 days into writing this blog.

I'm not sure I've ever kept any discipline for 50 days straight.

This weight loss journey has been a battle for me. Sometimes I've felt like I was going uphill, both ways, barefoot in 6 feet of snow.

But I'm determined to keep pressing on. This season of The Biggest Loser has been particularly inspirational to me. I have always been a fan of the show, but sometimes the contestants make the show less inspirational and more like Survivor.

But this season I have fallen in love with the Yellow team of O'Neal and Sunshine. They are just so inspirational. They work so hard and they carry a positive attitude into any situation. To me, they are the picture of the perfect Biggest Loser contestant. They are competitive, but not obnoxious. They work hard without whining. And they appear to be in it for the right reasons. Last night's episode was such a tear-jerker as O'Neal suffered a medical setback and also found out his older brother back home had passed away. Just seeing how moved all of the other competitors were was a demonstration of what a positive force this yellow team is. So today I want to find out what inspires you? It could be a TV show, a person in your life, a quote you heard....what makes you get up and step into action? What helps you stay on track? What allows you to resist that chocolate chip cookie?

Answer below in the comments section. Maybe we can all draw from each other's sources of motivation.

And, today isn't just a celebration for me, it's also a celebration for all of my readers who have managed to stick with me so far. Even though some posts have been boring or mundane. I just wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate having this support system around me who will encourage me and walk along with me on this journey.

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. You have been my inspiration! You took the lead to join WW and drag me along. You took the lead in designing an exercise plan and got me on board. You take the lead and add up our points when we eat together. I know that I would not have stuck to the program this long, had I not had you to keep doing things to encourage me.
    I have already walked over 70 miles this month and lost a little over 8.5 lbs. Thanks for writing the daily blog as well. It keeps me inspired and thinking of different ways to challenge myself.

    ReplyDelete