Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 129: The Dress that Will Change Your Life!

My fiance doesn't understand the importance of a dress. A dress can celebrate an occasion. It can give you a little pep in your step. A dress can make a girl float on air. In preparing for our wedding and all the parties that go along with a wedding, I've faced a dilemma: I want to have a different dress for every event I'm attending. Unfortunately, that's not great on my pocketbook...and it stresses out my beloved future husband.

However, I have found a solution to my problem. I found it on Etsy.com (check out my previous post on Etsy HERE) and it's made by The Radical Thread Co. by seller Katesy. It has made all of my dreams come true. Well, that may be a bit of an overstatement, but this dress is seriously something to blog about.


The dress is called "My Wrap Dress" in Katesy's shop. It is a versatile dress that can be worn in at least 100 different ways. And it was custom made just for me.


The dress has a twirly skirt with a stretchy waistband that fits to your body. Attached to the waistband are two very long (probably 10 feet each) straps that hang down.


Here comes the fun part, you can get creative and wrap and twist the straps in whatever ways you want to, and create a look that fits your event or mood.


Want a tube dress? Just wrap the straps around your bust and waistline over and over again and tie at the waist.


How about a halter? Bring the straps up and around the neck and wrap around the waist.



You can do a Marilyn Monroe look, thick straps, thin straps, one shoulder, or even wrap it as a skirt only.


If you don't feel like showing your arms, you can even make sleeves out of the dress! Long, kimono-like sleeves, or little cap sleeves, and probably anything in between.


The dress usually comes in a tea-length, but I requested that mine be a little shorter, about to my knees. By doing this, I can also wear my dress as just a top with jeans or leggings by pulling the waist band up to my bust and tying from there...which doubles the number of looks I get with just one garment!

Kate can make this dress in any color or fabric you want, plus size, patterned, whatever your little heart desires. AND for a little extra she'll make a matching tube top to wear under the dress for modesty and to give you more options and comfort. I highly recommend the tube top....it's worth the little bit extra.


I ordered my dress in a beautiful smoky blue shade and I couldn't be happier. I have had so much fun playing with the different looks and figuring out what the dress can do.


Expensive boutiques make dresses very similar to these, but they're not custom and they're more expensive. However, feel free to steal ideas from the boutiques on exactly how to wrap the dress. Check out the Butter by Nadia collection on You Tube.


I am really wishing I had found out about this dress earlier. They would have made great bridemaid dresses! They're cheaper and they can definitely be worn again (and again). I know my bridesmaids will look beautiful in whatever they have on for my wedding, but these would have been so cool!


If you are interested in getting 100 or more dresses for the price of one, head on over to Kate's shop. Katesy.Etsy.com. And be sure to tell her you heard about the dress on this blog! Mention my name or the blog name.

I know you're going to love this little gem just as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. a girl at work sells avon and they have something like this, but it is only like, a 7 way dress. and not custom. this is way cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet! I am so honored that you love my work and to top that, to boast it up with your words! You made my day! Keep playing, spinning, twirling, knotting, tying, twisting, and otherwise being artistic with your dress! xoxo
    kate

    ReplyDelete