Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 123: Summer Vacation

I missed yesterday because we were in the car all day, then we didn't have Internet service when we got to the lake. We're staying at Lake Tansi with Adam's family for a long weekend. It has been great so far.

The scenery is beautiful; the water is crystal clear; the mountainous backdrop is breathtaking. I was just told, however, that they're not mountains and I only think they are because I'm from Illinois (there you go, Adam!).

I actually went for my first swim in the lake today. I was a little apprehensive about getting in the water, but Adam graciously helped me out by giving me a little push. I ended up enjoying myself. The water wasn't murky. And it was warm and nice. I had a lot of fun.

We've just had a relaxing day with each other, which has been really nice. We don't often get to spend consecutive days together, so we're enjoying this little taste of what married life will bring. I love spending time with him and I can't wait until we can spend most of our time together.

We have one more day of this nice relaxation until we have to head back home...actually we're going to Hendersonville on Monday to take some engagement pictures....I am SO excited about those! We're going to have them ready by the time the wedding rolls around so everyone can see them. Monday afternoon we're heading back home to get back to the daily grind. Adam has just over one more week of work and then he'll be coming to Decatur for good!

Things are starting to move along quickly now...I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment