Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 136: And They All Lived Happily Ever After

It's been a little bit of an adjustment for Adam and I getting used to living in the same town. It's weird to factor in another person when you're making your day-to-day decisions (what to eat, where to go, what to watch on TV, etc.).

Adam and I have sort of had a wake up call this week just realizing that we do things differently. A lot of things. Very differently. And I think both of us are beginning to realize that doing something differently doesn't necessarily mean they're doing it incorrectly.

It's kind of a surreal experience learning all of this. You would think dating someone for almost a year would give you a pretty good indication that you know the person. But I think you really don't know someone until you live with them....which means for us that the learning curve really hasn't even begun yet.

That's scary and exciting at the same time. I'm looking forward to it.

By looking at the loving marriages I see in my life on a regular basis, I would assume that you eventually figure all of that out. But it's just interesting to me that I never thought about how it would be to make decisions with someone else.

I don't know if I'm articulating this well or not, so I think I'll hang it up for the day.

Suffice it to say I'm thrilled that Adam is here and that we get to learn all of this stuff together. I am very excited that in 3 weeks he will be my husband and we have our whole lives to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment