Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 133: Let the Games Begin!

You may have noticed that I have been absent from my blog for the past two days. There are three reasons for this:
  1. Partially because blogging has recently taken a back seat to wedding and marriage planning.
  2. Partially because I know this blog started out as a health and fitness blog and has somehow wandered off the beaten path, so I'm not as motivated to write.
  3. And mostly because my life has been a little chaotic and stressful over the last two days.

I'll address the last point first: I spent all day Sunday cleaning and organizing my house. I had a front porch filled with gifts from people, and even more in my car. So I began slowly weeding through all of it and giving each new little treasure a home in my home. I was also the enamored recipient of a 50lb. bag full of dirty clothes from my fiancee that needed tending to. I kid, I really don't mind doing laundry.........I wouldn't say I enjoy it, but let's put it this way, I'd rather do laundry than go for a jog!

And after my Sunday of frantic cleaning, unpacking, organizing and washing, Monday rolled around and I drove my dad's pickup truck to Adam's residence and we moved him to Decatur!! I should note that while Adam's stuff is currently living in the house, he will not be living there until after the wedding. Just so you know....

So last night was a doozy! Thankfully my younger brother has many, many strapping young lads as friends who are blissfully and willingly able to lend a hand at the drop of a hat. They moved everything in to my house so quickly I could not believe it was all done.

Now Adam and I are left with the simple task of finding the proper places for a person's whole life in a house where another person's whole life has already been happening for a year. We're up to the challenge, though.....even if we end up with a basement full of unopened boxes for now. That's what the cold winter weather is for.

I'll address the second point second. My blog has somehow gotten off of its diet. I don't know exactly how or when this happened, but I am doing what I can to try to get it back on track. My blog needs to learn more discipline and perseverance when my blog doesn't see the results it wants to see on the scale...or when my blog drives past a McDonalds and begins drooling at the thought of French Fries.

And I'll address the first point tomorrow.....come back for Wedding Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment