Friday, July 30, 2010

The Best Surprise Ever!

I've recently come to accept the fact that my life is crazy. And it will continue to be crazy for another week or so.

In the midst of the craziness, though, there have been a few brief moments where I could just sit back and breathe a sigh of relief.

Last night was one of those moments.

I've had my own home for just over a year now, and I love it. The problem is, I'm never there. I mean never. Before Adam was down here, I would typically choose to spend many (most) evenings with friends or at my parents' house simply because I didn't want to spend every evening in my house alone. And because I was there by myself, I didn't mind if things got a little cluttered....I was never there long enough for it to really bother me anyway.

And then Adam came. It has been so wonderful having him here, and adjusting to us spending so much time together. I've never been happier. But Adam brought a lot of stuff with him. Not any more than a regular person, mind you, but stuff nonetheless....

And I had 3 bridal showers, which provided even more stuff.....stuff I love, and stuff I'm grateful for, but again, stuff nonetheless.

And in the busyness and chaos of wedding planning, I still haven't been home much. It seems like lately I haven't gotten home until after midnight usually, and by then, I'm just ready for bed and not in the mood to work on cleaning.

So my poor house has been neglected as we just keep piling more and more stuff in it.

I had double booked myself this weekend....I was somehow going to be in Bloomington on Saturday, Flanagan on Sunday, and still manage to get my house clean and all of the laundry done, AND get myself packed for the honeymoon before Monday rolled around!

Yeah. Right.

I actually had just realized that I would not be able to be in two places at once yesterday while I was at work.

Then Adam texted me and asked me where he should put something at the house. That's when it hit me...I thought he was tidying up a few things around the house to surprise me.

I was so excited, and I asked him if he was. He told me not to get too excited because he wasn't doing that much...he was just picking up a little.

Later that evening I walked in to the house in total shock and amazement! Adam, my mom, and my brother's girlfriend, Katherine had conspired together to get my house absolutely spotless!

The house has never looked better and it is such a relief and a weight off my shoulders to know that the BIGGEST job I had to do this weekend has now been taken care of.

And Katherine is going to bring some pretty potted flowers to my front entryway since everything I had was dead.

What an amazing gift they have all given me! I know it was really, really hard work. And I know they must have really busted it to get done so quickly. But I am so appreciative and I don't even have the words to thank them all enough.

Needless to say, I was an emotional basketcase when I got home, and I still am, just thinking about all of the hard work that went into the day for them.

It was such a special treat. Now instead of feeling like all of the stuff that is lying all over the place is suffocating me, I can feel relaxed and at peace in our home. And that is a precious, priceless gift!

3 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! So happy for you and your whole family at this time - stressful, but good memories being made. Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful!!! May God's blessings be upon you during this special time in your life. Wishing you all of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice story, Nicole. Isn't it nice to have family that loves you and want you to have a wonderful wedding day. Can't wait to see it happen for you. I know you cherish your family, you are so lucky to have them. Enjoy your day and your cruise...

    ReplyDelete