Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 126: I'm Baaaaaaaack

So I've fallen off the wagon when it comes to daily blogging. I am going to chalk it up to being out of town and out of my normal routine. Now I'm back to life and back to my schedule and I should be able to get a post in every day at least until the wedding....hopefully.

After the wedding we'll be out of town, out of the country, and we'll have other items on our agenda, so please don't give up on me if I miss a week or so. I sincerely hope you will understand.

Vacation was wonderful! If you've read my last couple of posts you know that Adam and I traveled to Kentucky to return my cousin to my aunt and uncle. They have a bustling and beautiful house full of love and screaming children. I love being there and spending time with them. They have a brand new baby in the family and she is just as sweet as can be. I had such a great time with my family and I only wish I got to see them more often.

After Kentucky we drove down to Tennessee to spend some time with Adam's family. I am so grateful we were able to go. I had a blast. I really love his family and I'm glad that I've been welcomed with open arms and southern hospitality. I can't wait to see them all again in a few weeks when I officially become one of them! I'm very excited about that.

Monday morning we had engagement pictures done at Centennial Park in Nashville. I really feel like they turned out great. Our photographer is amazing and I can't wait to see the finished product. We'll have them ready in time for everyone to see at the wedding and receptions!

When we were done with our pictures, we went back to Adam's parents' house and I wasn't feeling very well. I got physically ill (broke what was probably at least a three year streak). I think it was from the combination of being out in the heat with a really bad migraine and then taking migraine medicine without having any food in my belly. I took half a pill to help with the nausea, though. That pill ended up knocking me out! I slept for at least half of the car ride home,and I felt terrible for leaving poor Adam to fend for himself on the open roads. I wish I would have been a better travel companion.

Last night when we got home I was still groggy from the medicine...and even today as I was getting my hair done, I was overcome with sleepiness.

I think the stuff has finally worked its way out of my system, though. It was weird. My mom actually thinks the exhaustion has less to do with the medicine I took and more to do with the gigantic spider bite I have on my leg....that could be,too, I suppose.

That's about as concise as I can get in describing my wonderful weekend getaway. Thanks for putting up with me when I missed a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment