Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 118: A Gushing Post that Could Likely Make You Puke (Sorry)

Sometimes you just have to dote on the one you love. It's inevitable. And some people love hearing about it....and some people think you're dithguthting (as my little cousin Joshua would say).

I've learned that love makes you turn into a person you never thought you'd be. In my case, that's a lovey dovey mushy gushy girl with stars in her eyes. It's not that I'm a hypocrite...just that I didn't know myself as well as I thought I did.

I just have to say that Adam is wonderful. I've known this for quite some time, but it was made abundantly clear this weekend amidst all the chaos and stress of my sister's wedding.

He takes such good care of me.

Whether it's the 2 bouquets of flowers he brought me Thursday night when he came to town....that's right...two bouquets!

Or the way he willingly took on the responsibility of parking approximately 90 cars in a space built for 5.

Or the way he stood out in the humidity and heat for at least a good 9 hours total directing traffic and parking cars and making sure operations were running smoothly.

Maybe it's the fact that he voluntarily cleaned my house the day after the wedding, after a bunch of guys had stayed there the previous night. Just so that I could come home from an exhausting weekend to a spotless and stress-free environment.

Or perhaps it's the way he lovingly played with my six year old cousin last night and tolerated being jumped on and climbed on for hours.

Or even the way he allowed me to lean on him and take a little nap on Sunday afternoon, even though he was more tired than I was, and he wasn't in a comfortable position to fall asleep himself.

All I know is that I'm going to be well cared for by my husband for the rest of my life, and I don't need to worry about a thing. He makes me so happy and I am so grateful that he has chosen me. I can't believe I get to marry him and I am so excited for our wedding....SO excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment